Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Today is the day

     Today is the day I am going to start loving where I am in my life. I have always been a reasonably happy person, but for as long as I can remember that has been shadowed by what I think of as the "other shoe" syndrome; as in, when is it going to drop and change everything. As though I am not somehow entitled to have everything go the right way. As John Green says, life is not a wish-granting machine.

      BUT. . . . I have always been pretty cheerful, while waiting and worrying about what was going to happen next. Or whether I was good enough. Or whether I was a good mom. Or whether I would ever stop worrying about money. Or whether BLAH BLAH BLAH you get it. So today is the day I don't anymore. Worry, that is. I will stay cheerful.  I will also start accepting whatever I am given and being thrilled at my gifts, especially my family and my well-being, and know that this is where I am supposed to be right now.

      If it sounds like I have been sitting on a little spiritual whoopee cushion, you wouldn't be far off. I have been listening to my sister-in-law who may be the most joyful and loving person I have ever known. I have gotten my metaphorical kick in the rear and am looking around with fresh eyes. The universe is unfolding just as it should, as Max Ehrmann wrote in the Desiderata, and it is up to me to accept it, whether or not it is clear to me. I also have to believe that it holds good things for me.  So today is the first day for these things:

Acceptance of whatever is planned for me.
Understanding that I am capable of great, and good, things.
Appreciation of the beauty that is everywhere around us.

   If you would like to get your universe in line, or at least feel a tremendous lift in your spiritual possibilities, or just hear a little more about what she is all about, check out Darlene Marie at TheSoulSpeaker.com.

     For me, for today, I will love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment